Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Life happens when...





Life happens when we are busy making plans. It has a way of stopping you right in your tracks when you thought things were going fantastic! I was recently commissioned to engrave two Vases with couple of ideas of how the client wanted it to look like. The client had lost a life long friend of his. The vase was going to be a gift for the widow and his mom. I picked a vase from Kosta Boda designed by Goran Warf. I decided to engrave the Eulogy on one side on the vase and on the front I engraved his name, dates and a short phrase. As I was engraving this vase I was really touched by the Eulogy and the words were just right. I have lost both my parents in the last few years so it was quite hard engraving each word while trying to hold out on crying!
Here are the pictures of the finished vase! 


I added white doves as the client had told me they released white doves at the remembrance.  
Here is a close up view of the Eulogy...

Touching eulogy, tribute to a life well lived. funny  how The right word, in the right place, at the right time, can inspire, calm and heal. And that's what I hope you'll find here..
"To all who we have lost..."
In Loving Memory of Timothy Halopoff" 

No comments:

Post a Comment