Thursday, January 2, 2014

Crystal Perfume bottle engraved with Flowers...


I feel very relaxed and content as I start 2014. I've been away from my home studio for sometime and it feels good to be back working! I am starting on a whole new collection some of which I will use at the 2014 Desert Art Festival on Presidents' Day. My first Show this year. For a list of all my upcoming shows visit 
www.akokoart.com
I try to update it as much as I can regularly but sometimes best thing to do is email me! 

I started working this morning on a perfume bottle to get me back in the groove!.....

Ready to engrave, I always sketch directly onto the glass...

Half way there, the good thing about drawing directly onto the glass is that the art work fits perfectly on to the glass and you are working the image to suit the piece and not the other way round...I will engrave on the lid to make the engraving/design look complete with the design of this beautiful crystal perfume bottle. 




Rough skecth with a black permanent marker is my guide line...it does not have to be perfect! 



Finished piece with dubber lid engraved 



Quick pics of finished piece taken with iPhone!



No comments:

Post a Comment